Thursday, January 6, 2011

the height of independence

Our girl is showing more and more independence by the day - in a good way!

On Sunday past, when we went out for lunch, Lilah picked up the menu and said to us, "I'm going to make a choice!" - we're just lucky she's still easily influenced by us! She dresses herself now too. More recently I've started to set out her clothes for the day and she takes care of the rest. She wants to do it in her own bedroom, alone. She tells us "I'll let you know if I need help!" and is very VERY proud of her achievements!

I am still amazed at how much she listens to our adult conversations and totally gets everything we say. She'll bring it up hours, days and even weeks later. A couple of nights ago while we were eating supper, Colin was telling me about how slippery the roads had been that morning on his drive into work and was going into a bit of detail on how even the brand new tyres that he got on his car last week would spin when he was taking off. About 5 minutes later Lilah asked, in a very pronounced adult voice, "Baba, is there a problem with the Focus?" - he drives a Ford Focus!

She sure keeps us on our toes!

afternoon tea for two

7 comments:

  1. I love her modern little kitchen set and I would love to know where you got her little pots?!

    They do soak everything in at this age... scary! But yet so exciting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so cute! I love her dishes and pots and pans!

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just sponges aren't they ? I have a habit of sighing when I taste something nice...Gracie has started to do it too!!!!!
    Bet that cup of tea didnt taste as good as the tea in Ireland....you know how the Irish love a cuppa and the kettle is ALWAYS on the boil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paige,

    We brought the pots and pans from the UK. The store is called, Early Learning Center.

    http://www.elc.co.uk/Pots-and-Pans/125660,default,pd.html

    I have seen the very odd thing by ELC in Canada, but they are very hard to come by.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smart cookie Lilah is! She sounds like an absolute delight.

    Once again, you have created a perfect collage! You really do have the best eye ... the pictures, the layout, the font, the placement of the text, etc. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love hearing about Lilah and her ways! She is too darn sweet! Also I love the shirt, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's growing so fast and she's so smart. She doesn't miss anything does she?! I love these photos..and of course the cutie pie in them.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete