Tuesday, April 20, 2010

daffodils and dandelions

We had so much fun today. In fact, we had so much fun that when Baba asked Lilah if she was ready for bed tonight (at 9:37 to be exact), she replied: "No! I'm still having fun!"

Today we took a little drive to Rockcliffe Park. We enjoyed looking at the daffodils, pointing out our favourite ones and then when she thought she'd like to pick one, I quickly steered her towards a patch of Dandelions. So away she went picking them. She loved it. And when I told her that my Mama told me (when I was a little girl) that if I picked Dandelions I'd pee the bed! She put her hand over her mouth and laughed and said "One time Lilah did have pee-pee in the bed", and then had another big laugh and said "That's so funny!". The girl doesn't forget a thing! She did have an accident almost two months ago, the only one I might add, since we threw caution to the wind and decided no more pull-ups. It was that one night that Baba thought I took her and I thought he took her and it ended up that neither of us took her, to the toilet. Yes, our Lilah went to the crib without doing a pee-pee. Since that incident, the lines of communication are totally open in our house!

After the Rockcliffe Park, which is just gardens, we went to a local swings and slides park and enjoyed the beautiful day that it was here today. Ahh Spring. And Daffodils. And even Dandelions. We are so in love with you all.

On another note, this is probably the best post I've ever read about God & Adoption - it had me in tears. Kudos to Tonggu Momma.

daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
daffodils & dandelions
[ more pictures here ]

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks for green there! More like summer... We are way behind here! Gorgeous pictures once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my 10 years living in Ottawa, I've never seen spring to arrive this early. In fact, normally we'd still be having the odd snow storm!

    It is sweet, very sweet. I just hope we don't lose out in summer to make up for it!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete