Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the north coast - portrush

We decided to take a little time away to explore the North Coast this year. It's been a lot of years since I was here and I have a lot of happy memories vacationing here with my family. I really wanted to show it all to Lilah and let her experience the things I did as a child... even though it's December, rather than July! To be honest, sometimes the weather along the coast could be worse in July. We enjoyed a balmy 12 degrees today!

This afternoon we arrived in Portrush. It is very much a little seaside tourist town, however there wouldn't be a lot of tourists staying at this time of the year. We stayed in a little Ramada hotel on the waterfront, it was really lovely. The shops and restaurants are more run down than I ever remember them; I guess it's just a sign of the times and how things have aged.

1 comment:

  1. We went there every year with our Sunday school as a child...Did you go into the White House? There is a fab fish restaurant on the front call Golden Sands...is it still open? Used to get a lovely fish tea there with lots of bread thick with butter on the side! Crikey, I sound lime my mum here LOL!

    ReplyDelete