Sunday, November 28, 2010

a tartan dress

the tartan toothfairy!

I bought this tartan dress for Lilah for a special event we are going to this coming Friday. We are going to see the Alberta Ballet at the NAC (National Arts Center) perform The Nutcracker. And I don't know about Lilah, but I couldn't be more excited to see this production!

However, you can't buy a dress for one event... as if! So she wore it to Church today. When she put it on, she immeditely did a hands-above-her-head tippy toe ballet twirl and exclaimed, "I'm the tooth fairy!"

I don't know where she's heard about the tooth fairy, but I have a funny feeling she is also going to love 'The Nutcracker'. And she might even gain a few new ballerina or fairy or even princess dance moves from it!

8 comments:

  1. Ok too cute! I love the tartan dress! I'm thinking I have seen that one somwhere, and considered it for my girls :)

    Nutcracker! Oh that is my favourite family tradition, well right now it is a just me and Riley tradition, but one day it will be a 3 girl outing:) Have fun! I am a bit jealous, because here we rarely get to see it live...we have to go to the cineplex odeon and watch a recording of the Royal Ballet in London perform it. Its still fun though! Can't wait to hear how Lilah enjoyed it!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are going to have to put her in dance after this! I love the Nutcracker, a great Christmas ballet! I love the tartan dress too.... what could feel more Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she looks too adorable. Even cuter than the Tooth Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her tartan tooth fairy dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill! I LOVE tartan on little girls...And I think its very festive! Living in Scotland, we have loads of choice (as you would expect!) and Im looking out for that special little dress for Hogmany! Some of the tartan can look a tad old fashioned but Lilahs dress looks bang on trend! Have a fantastic time at the Nutcrackers. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.k first off, I thought that was a Joe dress ;)

    Second I think that you are doing a great job! Trying to keep Santa at bay this time of year is extremely tough! Just the fact that you are aware and are teaching you sweet Lilah girl the true reason for the season is HUGE!!!

    Have fun seeing "Santa Baby" tomorrow ;)


    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word...is she adorable?! Love her in plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah....we went, too. It was wonderful. Now the girls dance-and-dance-and-dance the scenes from the ballet. Great tradition! We're thinking of starting the same as well.

    ReplyDelete