Sunday, January 20, 2013

snowballs!

no fun like snow fun!

One of Lilah's requests this past Christmas was (for lack of a better term!) a snowball maker.

I'd given her the Chapters/Indigo toy magazine several weeks before Christmas to take a peek through and this snowball maker was the thing that caught her eye. Of course, it had to be a blue one, because that, is her favourite colour! She regularly messes with peoples heads - we were at the Dr's this past week and after getting a shot the nurse was searching through her stack of stickers to find her a Princess or Dora one, but when Lilah specifically asked if she has a Spiderman sticker, the nurse definitely looked a bit baffled... she doesn't know my Lilah girl! Have I mentioned here lately that she has her career path chosen, oh yes she does, this one has lasted a good year now, so I'm thinking she might stick with it! She wants to be a firefighter and she talks about it ALL.THE.TIME! But that's a post for another day!

Anyway, she was out playing with her snowball maker yesterday and it works a treat. And I was the one that fell victim to all those snowballs she made! At least she let me set my camera down first! And she may even have gotten a few back at her too!

My girls really enjoy playing in the snow - they usually last being outside for about an hour or so. And then when it's time for Baba to get the snowblower out, the girls come in and they watch him through the window. So sweet!

no fun like snow fun! no fun like snow fun! no fun like snow fun! no fun like snow fun! no fun like snow fun! no fun like snow fun!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Kerry would flip for that snowball maker..that is, if we ever got any snow. I think she and Lilah would get along fantastically. I love that Lilah wants to be a firefighter.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to pick up one of those snowball makers... they look like the make great snowballs. I can already hear the screaming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how those things work! Good to know!

    As always, awesome pics of your girls in the snow! Btw, do you custom white-balance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! I don't custom white balance. When I'm outdoors... I go with AV mode and I basically choose my f-stop and aperature. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Jill! I'm LOVING all your winter photos! I have a random question. For the girl's toy storage in the playroom, did you have to purchase the storage unit/tubs separately? I'm looking on Ikea's website and I know I want a big storage unit, but I also want all white storage bins. Would I just piece it all together in the store? Thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke! Yes, the storage units and containers are sold seperately. I'm pretty sure the containers come in 3 different colours and 2 different sizes. I just went with all white and I choose 1 large and 4 small storage containers for each of my units. I bought 4 units altogether and put them side-by-side. Also, the units come in several different sizes - hopefully they will have some on display so you can figure out what you want and how many storage containers you'll need. Hope this helps. Jill :)

      Delete
    2. Btw, they are so awesome for organization!! Great choice! :)

      Delete
  5. Thx Jill! I do the same but have been thinking I must try doing a proper white-balance sometime. Your shots look great - no blue snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowball maker!! Hmmm wonder if they sale "mudball makers" here, because all we seem to get is RAINY days!!

    BTW...GORGEOUS PICS of your girls! I can't believe they go to school in those temperatures! Most schools get a "snow day" for a few flurries!

    ReplyDelete