Wednesday, January 8, 2014

telling the time

Lilah's been heading in the direction of telling the time for a while now.

She's been wearing her little pink and purple Timex watch religiously, morning, noon and night since we got her baby sister in China. In fact, I bought that little Timex watch as a gift for her becoming a big sister. When I gave it to her I told her it was because becoming a big sister was a big responsibility. If you know my Lilah girl, you'd know she loved that idea and eat it right up, she talked a lot about her 'responsibility duties' in the weeks and months after. The only time that little watch came off her wrist was for bathtime and the swimming pool! However, it wasn't much good when it came to helping her tell the time.

After Christmas, Lilah asked me to spend some of her Christmas money on MORE Magna-tiles. I'd bought her a 100 piece set for Christmas and she still wanted more - but that's another post for another day. It's an amazing toy! So, when I was shopping around on Amazon, I also found this watch. It's a time teaching watch in her favourite colour, turquoise! It shows the words 'to' & 'past' on each half, along with the number of minutes, 1/2 and 1/4. Unlike a lot of other watches that show the minutes up to 60, it just shows the minutes to 25 on both halves... haven't got a clue what I'm talking about? I know, sometimes I confuse myself too... let me give you an example! Instead of saying 7:40, she says 20 to 7. Or instead of saying 7:15, she says quarter past 7. Just the way the watch teaches you the time, which I really like.

She got it in the mail on Monday and was pretty much reading the time perfectly by Tuesday.

To be honest, I kinda need a responsible time keeper around here, especially in the morning! However, being updated on the latest time every 5 minutes, is maybe overdoing it a little. Ha! Gotta love her enthusiasm! I'm so proud of my girl.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! She is such a beautiful girl! It sounds like she is one smart cookie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool watch! I haven't seen or heard of one like that! I wonder if my kiddos will catch on to it as quickly as Lilah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool watch! I've never seen or heard of one like that. I wonder if my kiddos would catch on as quickly as Lilah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda tempted to try to find one similar for G.........its really cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that watch… Zoe would do really well with a watch like that.

    ReplyDelete