Wednesday, October 22, 2008

if ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed

We've been waiting for our letter seeking confirmation awhile now and I've been thinking a lot about my faith - the wait has felt so incredibly long and I constantly need to be reminded to 'have faith'. On Sunday past I stood in for one of the Sunday school teachers in our church. When I was told the lesson would be about Sara having faith in God and His promise, I realized how much I needed this lesson myself.

Hebrews 11:11 - Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Faith is not just a mental thought; it's a mental thought that leads us to act and to obey. It really isn't until times of trial that our faith is tested; but we know it's these times that we are made weak, so that ultimately our faith in God will be stronger. We are so blessed to have a faithful Father in Heaven who knows our every need, and has promised in His Word that He will never fail us.

He knows the exact date and time our daughter will be placed in our arms. His perfect timing won't be a minute too early or a second too late, and I believe that with all my heart.


Matthew 17:20
If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

2 comments:

  1. Right there with ya Jill! Keep the faith. You'll be with your Lilah soon; I can feel it. I just love her hair in this picture! What a hoot!! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only somewhat can understand ,but the wait is so worth it, soon
    love julia

    ReplyDelete