Monday, October 14, 2013

thanksgiving monday

We started off our Monday with a trip to the Aviation Museum. Lilah was practically on her knees begging us to go. Not sure what or why. But when our big girl gets something into her head, she sticks with it! You should have heard (probably did!) her whoop of joy when we told her we were going!

It was a fun morning. (I'll post those photo's tomorrow!)

Later, as I was getting lunch ready and Phebe was having a well needed nap, Lilah and Baba went out for a bike ride. Lilah really appreciates her one-on-one time with us now. It was special, because they each got to ride their own bikes alongside each other, for the first time, as opposed to Baba taking the third wheel and her pedalling behind.

We're not huge fans of turkey. Can you tell we are not the most traditional people? Turkey once a year is enough for us and it seems that I always decide to try a new recipe when a occasion like this arises. This is a Pioneer Woman recipe, from her book called 'food from my frontier' - page 190! Herb roasted pork tenderloin with warm date and fig chutney, roasted vegetables (parsnips, turnip, heirloom carrots, sweet potato & celery root) and cornmeal cakes. Yum! It turned out delicious. Oh yes, and we don't love pumpkin pie, but we ALL love carrot cake. See, we're so untraditional!

Thanksgiving!

Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.
[ Happy Thanksgiving ]

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and your pictures are worthy of Pioneer Woman's book. I have a lot of Canadian and British friends; none of them will eat pumpkin pie, but they all love carrot cake. This is a nice pumpkin recipe, similar to carrot cake, that they will also eat. I find that freshly grated nutmeg adds a lot to both recipes.
    http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pumpkin-spice-bars-with-cream-cheese-frosting/57e53dff-c7d1-4de4-bcf2-937626e0dae6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that all looks so good. I am a huge fan of carrot cake, too, yum. My mom makes THE best pumpkin pie. She uses brown sugar instead of white and she is generous with the spices. I'll bet she'd be able to win you over.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! And that meal looks so good!

    ReplyDelete