Sunday, October 24, 2010

sunday snapshot : { don't miss out on a blessing }

don't miss out on a blessing

The man whispered, "God, speak to me!" And a chickadee sang.
But, the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me!" And the thunder rolled across the sky.
But, the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God let me see you!" And a star shined brightly.
But, the man did not notice.

The man said, "God show me a miracle!" And a life was born.
But, the man did not know.

So the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here!"
Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man.
But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Don't miss out on a blessing, because it isn't packaged the way that you expected.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ni Hao Y'all

11 comments:

  1. I love that Jill! Very true. It always amazes me when people say they can't "feel" God....I think look around, how can you not see him:)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true in all ways. And what a beautiful capture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reminder Jill:).

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Do you think it means something or is coincidence(ha!) that this is not the first time I have read something to this affect in the last few days?!?!

    Guess I better be quiet & still & see what God is trying to say ;)

    Blessings to you this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo and stunningly true words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true Jill. People don't seem to see that God is all around them, in nature, in people, in the air we breathe... sometimes we just have to quiet ourselves to hear or see him, sometimes it just so very obvious!

    I often pray the prayer that my loved ones who don't know God, will FEEL him, will just SEE him in the little things, will JUST KNOW he is here.

    That photo could be framed on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Both the words and the photo. I just look through your latest posts and the photos of Lilah in that winter coat is just stunning. She's a clever little thinker too!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. You asked what I had used for the collages that I used for the photos of our little "Nail Salon". I usually just use my Photoshop Elements but for those particular ones I used the freebies on www.picnik.com .

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I need to stop and feel God right now in my life. Beautiful photo and wonderful Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the reminder I needed! Thanks for that!

    Such a beautiful photograph Jill. The light on the flower is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!

    how often I miss God is all the small, but wonderful details of His creation!

    :)

    ReplyDelete