Wednesday, October 6, 2010

postman pat cupcakes

postman pat cupcakes

I'm pretty sure it was our neighbours that brought this Postman Pat cupcake-making-kit back from their holidays in the UK, for Lilah.

Who doesn't like Postman Pat.

I remember him from my childhood and I decided to introduce him and his cat Jess to Lilah today. I found a little movie on YouTube: 'Postman Pat and the Cranky Cows', here is part 1/2 and here is part 2/2. It's a pretty funny little story! Anyway, I let her watch it and then we got to making the cupcakes, meanwhile Lilah sang the theme song...

Postman Pat, Postman Pat,
Postman Pat and his black and white cat,
All the birds are singing, and the day is just beginning.
Pat feels he's a really happy man.

A fun activity for a rainy day!

8 comments:

  1. Yum-o! I have never heard of postman Pat!?! However you can never go wrong with cupcakes!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little yellow sweater!! we're going to have to go get coffee someday little lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have never heard of this, but must be quite popular somewhere... It is great she is exposed to things from other places! What could be better than a cupcake?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Postman Pat here :) But I'll admit, my curiosity is peaked!!

    And it DOES look like a fabulously fun activity for my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had Postman Pat in Australia!! What fun cupcakes and photos!

    ps sorry I missed so many of your posts - I have been so distracted lately. It was extra fun catching up so not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Postman Pat is British. I guess the accent gives him away! He's been around for years and years and years...

    Not that I'm THAT old!

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea who Postman Pat was either. It looks like she had a great time making cupcakes! I love her little yellow polka-dot sweater, and of course the adorable girl in it.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete