Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bedtime stories

Every night (with the exception of Sunday & Tuesday) at around 8:30 pm, you will find Lilah and I snuggled up in bed together reading bedtime stories. As soon as I put on her jammies she picks out two books, climbs into our bed, builds the pillows up and lays there waiting for me to get in beside her and read the stories she's chosen.

Actually, when we first brought Lilah home from China she wouldn't get into bed with us at all. She totally disliked the idea. In fact, it took her several months to get comfortable with the idea of being in our bed. Now she truly enjoys it. I must admit though, she still absolutely adores her crib. To her, there's no place like it!

She's also loving the longer stories now and I must admit I really enjoy them myself! There are some great books out there and we have quite the collection! I have a real weakness for books! Climbing into bed and reading with my wee monkey is most definitely one of my favourite things to do as a Mama.

night time routine

night time routine

2 comments:

  1. Adorable photos and that room is so pretty and serene. It's great that she loves her books so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that? is my favorite thing to do with the Tongginator! so glad she is enjoying snuggling with momma now.

    ReplyDelete