Friday, July 6, 2012

our picton vacation

Sandbanks, Picton

We arrived home late last night after a wonderful time in Picton, we head there almost every year for the Canada Day long weekend ...and a few extra days.

We enjoyed a few interesting activities! Horseriding! Yes, Lilah loved it! Well, she really enjoyed it until we went sea-dooing the next day and well, driving the sea-doo, totally won her over... she seemed to love the adrenaline rush and possibly making her Mama scream too! Forget asking for a horse, I think she'll be hoping for a sea-doo in her stocking this Christmas! She got to drive it for a good part too, Baba set her up front and she was full throttling it up to 70mps! A bit scary actually, it made my mind fast forward to when she's a teenager... eeks!

We also met up with our friends on the beach for a day, they have a little girl and two boys... however, it was Tabitha that Lilah was extremely excited to see! The two girls are pretty close in age. The kiddies all had a lot of fun together, especially throwing seaweed at Baba Boy, although he did kinda deserve it! And the day was topped off with the makings of a very cool creature - covered in seaweed - see below. It looked like a cross between a couple of things, including an alligator and a gorilla! A big thanks to the Stiles family for hanging out with us on the beach, we really enjoyed the company.

Did I mention the weather was/is hot hot hot? We were in the hotel pool every evening. And I'm kinda wishing I was back there right now, again!

On the last day, we took a little detour down to the US and did some shopping - ahh, Target - it's probably a good thing it hasn't arrived in Ottawa... yet!

Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton Sandbanks, Picton

******************************************************************

picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding picton, horse riding

******************************************************************

sea-dooing, picton sea-dooing, picton sea-dooing, picton sea-dooing, picton sea-dooing, picton sea-dooing, picton

******************************************************************

downtown, picton

[ the flickr sets are here, here and here ]

6 comments:

  1. Sigh..........Colin is so like Mark, my two would have been just as bad on the jet ski thingy! And like you, I would had to have covered my eyes :)
    You look really well, Jill.......its great to have a bit of family time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful vacation!! My favorite photo is that top one!! Where do you get all of Lilah's beautiful scarves? I'd like to snag a few for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect vacation... next year there will be two little beauties to photograph on that beach!

    We are heading to the US on Monday and Target will be my first stop! Hope the back to school clothes are out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sand creature looks like a cross between the Grinch and Oscar the Grouch, to me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....your photos are absolutely breathtaking. That first one is my favorite and I am going to use it for inspiration for an assignment I have this week in photog class. You really could have your own photography/graphic arts business Jill!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, sounds like you have a little thrill seeker on your hands! Wonderful shots as always, Jill, it looks like you had a fun getaway...maybe your last without Phebe?! I have a Target about 10 minutes up the highway from our house and I can rarely walk out of there without something cute for Kerry to wear.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete