Sunday, June 17, 2012

baba's day

Happy Father's Day to our Baba Boy! We love you so so much.
In the words of Lilah, from earlier today: "I love you to the spaceship and back!"

Father's Day - 2012


********************************************************************************************

So many precious, happy, loving moments captured over the past twelve months, with his little girl.

Cuba - Feb/Mar 2012 Mont Tremblant, QC Christmas Day, 2011 SS Picnic Baba's 41st Birthday pedal boats on dows lake Sandbanks, Picton, Day 4 The Giant's Causeway, Antrim Coast dining in bloomfield santa parade / montreal Kilmarnock Orchard Mont Tremblant, QC Cuba - Feb/Mar 2012 A walk in Gatineau Park... Belfast City, NI first day of school - junior kindergarten pink lake - gatineau park algonquin park (grand lake) camping - day 1 farming Mont Tremblant, QC Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Antrim Coast miller's farm, pumpkin patch Whiterocks Beach, Portrush Cuba - Feb/Mar 2012 Cuba - Feb/Mar 2012 Mont Tremblant, QC

********************************************************************************************

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. ~ Sigmund Freud

My Father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~ Clarence Budington Kelland

7 comments:

  1. I love that last quote Jill, and it is so true. My dad sadly passed away when he was only 45, but my parents were lucky enough to enjoy 25 years of happy marriage and had 7 kids!
    He was such a "family man", teaching us by his actions, the important things in life...not money, or belongings but health and happiness. To him happiness was his children, and there is not a day when I dont think of him.

    I loved looking over your last 12 months,"Here is to your next 12, with little Phebe in the mix too"!!!!

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day Colin! So many great memories captured in this post. I love the photo in the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the look on Lilah's face in that first photo.

    You know...I had the same idea as you to reflect on the last year....only I have a pathetic selection of photos to choose from. So I didn't do it. Mark my words- next Father's Day post will be different!

    Beautiful beautiful collage. I've only been following your blog for just a short while, but I feel like I've just lived the last year with you! Beautiful job, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Baby Boy" has some serious cuteness going on!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day to your wonderful hubby!

    Jill, the portrait of your two loves together - that very first photo - is perhaps one of my favourite photos of yours ever. It is soooo special. You are so very good at capturing the beautiful relationship your hubby and child have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! So many photos that evoke so many emotions. I think my favorite one is the restaurant one in the last row, where they are clinking glasses. Happy Father's Day to Baba Boy!

    ReplyDelete