Monday, July 12, 2010

drouin farm, with wonderful friends

ferme drouin & fils

This past Saturday we headed to Drouin Farm, along with 6 other families from our Church, 14 adults and 14 children altogether. The farm is situated about an hour outside Ottawa and we had the whole place to ourselves! I think I can safely say that none of us have ever had that much fun (on a farm) before!

Lilah was just ecstatic to spend the day running after and playing with her friends. And there was so much to do: A hay ride, petting and viewing animals, feeding the goats, a hay swing, a scavenger hunt, a corn maze, battery operated vehicles, a bouncy castle and trampolines. Oh, and we did our fair share of eating lots of delicious food too! All the meals were planned in advance and we were each designated with what to bring by a wonderful organizer Mama. Great job Andrea - what an incredible day!

On the drive home I asked Lilah what her favourite part of the day was, she said "Feeding the goats"! *grin* I was called 'the goat woman' by my family growing up and I dunno, but I get the feeling I can pass the torch on to Lilah now! Heh!

Now brace youself for a picture heavy post!

4 comments:

  1. We are just getting back from vacation and I am getting caught up (seems a common thing with me) on your blog. I love checking in to see all of the posts I missed... I love reading the wonderful story of your beautiful family! What a joy and blessing to follow along!

    AND as always I am a big fan of your photography... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost makes me want to live on a farm... okay, not really! But it sure is pretty. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! Of course I'm especially partial the the Lilah photos =). Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures once again. Looks like everyone had a great time! Love the picture of Lilah and baba.

    ReplyDelete