Sunday, November 8, 2009

every little girl's dream

It's every little girl's dream to be a flower girl.

I remember being a flower girl at my Auntie Hazel's wedding way back when I was around 4 or 5 years old. I just thought I was the bees knees. I specifically remember the huge hoop in the hem of the dress and I also remember finding a shaver a few weeks before the wedding and doing a number on my chin! Thankfully it was all healed up in time for the wedding. That little flower girl dress still hangs in my wardrobe, along with the headpiece, for Lilah to play with some day.

And so today Lilah was asked if she would be a flower girl at our good friends wedding next August, all being well. I just know our girly-girl is going to love love love this little task. Thank you so much for asking C-ella & Bin-e, that's Ciela and Vinny, said Lilah style!

80's flower girl dress

80's flower girl dress

[ more pictures here ]

5 comments:

  1. Lilah will make the most beautiful flower girl! I can't wait to see pictures.

    How precious that you saved your flower girl dress...sweet sweet!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Lilah will be the prettiest little flower girl ever. You've GOT to let her wear your flower girl dress someday and take lots of pictures.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwhhhh!...I can't WAIT to see her in her little flower girl dress. She is going to MELT some hearts! Hopefully the bride is okay with her stealing just a little bit of the show!?!...it's gonna be inevitable!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granddaughter-you are going to make a very pretty-princess flower girl just like your Mama did all those years ago.
    Jill I think you should post a photo of that!
    August is my favourite month...
    Congratulations to Ciela and Vinny and all our love & good wishes s&jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill

    You've just reminded me that I have flower girl dress and head piece at mums that I wore at my uncle's wedding when I was 3. Must get it out and try on Victoria.

    Many thanks for card & photo. Everytime we go near the computer Victoria says 'want watch Lilah!'

    You have some gorgeous photos. Safe travel for later in the year.

    Peter, Jane & Victoria

    ReplyDelete