Saturday, May 30, 2009

another birthday cake and dora the explorer live

It was a busy day for Lilah! This afternoon we went to a retirement barbecue for our special friend, Auntie Lillian. Lilah was blessed by the hostess (Auntie Marion) with a surprise birthday cake, it was just beautiful, what a lucky girl! I will post a picture as soon as someone sends me one, unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. (Thanks for the pictures Rae!)

birthday cake by auntie marion

Then this evening Lilah and I went to the National Arts Centre to see Dora the Explorer live! The show is called 'The Search for the City of Lost Toys' and it was fabulous. To be honest I didn't know what to expect, but it way surpassed any ideas I had conjured up in my mind. If you want you can read a little about it here. This was a birthday gift for our little two year old. I have a funny feeling she will be expecting to see another show for her birthday next year, or even before it! She really had a lot of fun, jumping up and down and waving her star to help Dora & Boots, when she saw the pesky Swiper on stage she would say "Oh noooooooo"!

dora the explorer live

dora the explorer live

[ a few more pictures from today's activities here ]

2 comments:

  1. I find another amazing ... She eats, She drinks... She keeps herself nice and clean. Wow~~ ! She is a little princess !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora the Explorer? Jill, I fear you are lost to the world of parenthood and will never return ;-)

    ReplyDelete