Monday, December 8, 2008

stocking up

We spent today shopping for last minute items and groceries. The cupboards, freezer, and fridge are now full! We arrive home on Christmas Eve, so one has to prepare for not being able to shop right away! Not to mention, one has to prepare for the event of jet lag and a baby that doesn't know what winter weather feels like! Poor Lilah, I hope she forgives us! Today in Ottawa the weather was -23ÂșC with the wind chill! She has a nice warm snow suit to make up for it though!


Lilah received this personalized stocking in the mail last week. Thanks so much Joanne - it's absolutely beautiful! Just 3 more sleeps to Lilah, I feel like I'm living in someone else's dream.

1 Samuel 2:1 - And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD

2 comments:

  1. OMW -- you leave TOMORROW!!!!! I'm so excited for you all.

    Living in Michigan and coming home in late November, I can tell you that Katie DID NOT like the cold weather AT ALL. She didn't like the heavy winter coat/mittens/hat, etc. and HATED her carseat at first.

    Adopting Ella in July I can honestly say it's easier to transition baby to cold weather if they've came home before such cold weather gear is necessary.

    However, she'll quickly learn that coats/hats/snowpants/mittens and the like are good things -- if she doesn't wear them, it's cold!

    I did send a photo album last week -- did you, by chance, receive it? Sure hope so. If not, let me know and I'll ask Stephe to take it when she travels in January. Thanks.

    Can't wait to see you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be thinking about you on your trip! All the best! We can't wait to meet Lilah!
    Mike and Ju

    ReplyDelete